With Covid-19 families, couples and friends have been separated from each other, we are all have been forced to get lockdown, but there are people who have been in such a situation even before the pandemic, but for those who aren’t used to having to deal with a distance relationship can be something difficult to face and for some even depressing.
Nevertheless, some people to whom such a situation is a routine have already learnt to cope with distance relationship, they give some ideas that can be useful for the rest who aren’t used to it:
- Stay in touch with each other as much as you can.
- Give as many details about your day as you can.
- Be always honest.
- Look for ways to do activities together with the help of technologies.
- Learn new things together.
- Have digital romantic dinners.
- Listen to music together through Youtube playlists, Spotify or similar platforms.
- Send pictures and videos to each other.
- Make videocalls.
- Exercise together.
- Plan your future even if it seems difficult to build it at the moment.
- Always talk about your worries, fears and so.
- Watch videos and movies together synching the time.
- Work on your relationship.
- Read together and discuss what you read.
- Play together. Have fun together.
- Be patient.
- Don’t get ashamed of being separated.
- Don’t quarrel about vain stuff.
- Thank each other.
- Remember it’s difficult not only for you but for both of you.
- Find time for yourself.
- Make virtual tours and trips together.
- Don’t pay attention to what other people say, especially your relatives and friends.
- Remember you two are not the only ones in such a situation but there are other couples on the same path.
- Don’t lose your hope, you are gonna be together.
There’s always good in the bad no matter how hopeless the situation seems like, everything is always improving even when it looks like the opposite and this kind of situations always let us value more what we take for granted.